Where can I go snowshoeing?
Ranger Led Snowshoe Walks
Guided snowshoe walks are offered from Estes Park and from the Kawuneeche Visitor Center near Grand Lake.
- Estes Park Ecology Walks: Available Sat and Sun at 12:30pm from January 5th through March 23rd, 2013. Reservations required. Call (970) 586-1223.
- Grand Lake Walks: Beginner walks are available on Saturdays and Intermediate walks are available on Sundays. December 8th, 2012 through March 16th, 2013. Reservations required. Call (970)627-3471.
This is a popular snowshoeing trail and very easy to follow.
- Distance: 1.8 miles one-way
- Trailhead: Bear Lake Trailhead
Enjoy some of the best views of the Continental Divide and of Longs Peak from this trail.
- Distance: 3 miles one-way
- Trailhead: Deer Ridge Junction
Follow the trail out and back along the Big Thompson River to Cub Lake or make it a loop trail and link it up with a visit to The Pool.
- Distance: 2.3 miles one-way
- Trailhead: Cub Lake Trailhead
A moderate climb to Fern Lake adds a bit of a challenge for any snowshoer.
- Distance: 3.8 miles one-way
- Trailhead: Fern Lake Trailhead