- Rocky Mountain National Park is open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day - it never closes.
- The best times to visit are the spring and summer when temperatures are mild
- All visitor centers except Moraine Park Visitor Center are open year-round
- You can call 970-586-1222 for up-to-date information on any park closures
- Make reservations for Moraine Park, Glacier Basin and Aspenglen Campgrounds
What are typical seasons and road closures in Rocky Mountain National Park?
Rocky Mountain National Park is open all year, but some roads have seasonal closures.
- Trail Ridge Road: Open from Memorial Day Weekend through mid/late October (depending on first snowfall). In the winter the road is open up to Many Parks Curve.
- Old Fall River Road: Open from early July to late September.
- Bear Lake Road: Open year-round, but visitors are encouraged to use the free shuttle bus along this section from late May through September.
Maps and Resources
- Recorded Information: 970-586-1222
- Colorado Road Information
When are the Visitor Centers open?
Alpine Visitor Center
Located at Fall River Pass. Open daily from late May to mid October.
Beaver Meadows Visitor Center
This visitor center is 3 miles from Estes Park on Highway 36. Open daily all year but closed on Christmas Day.
Fall River Visitor Center
Just 5 miles west of Estes Park on Highway 34 five miles west of Estes Park. Open all year but only on weekends in wintertime.
Kawuneeche Visitor Center
Located 1 mile north of Grand Lake on Highway 34. Open daily all year but closed Christmas Day.
Moraine Park Visitor Center
You’ll find this visitor center on Bear Lake Road just one and a half miles from the Beaver Meadows Entrance. Open daily from late May through September.
When are campgrounds open?
You’ll need reservations at Moraine Park, Glacier Basin and Aspenglen and for group camping. Reservations can be made six months in advance. The remaining campgrounds are on a first-come, first-served basis, filling fast in the summer. No campsites have any hookups for electricity, water or sewer.
- Aspenglen Campground – on Highway 34 west of the Fall River Entrance Station. 54 sites. Open from noon on May 1st through September 26th, 2017. Reservations are recommended. Fee is $26 per night. RV and trailer length limit is 30 feet.
- Glacier Basin Campground – on Bear Lake Road about 6 miles south of Beaver Meadow Entrance. Open from noon on May 25th through September 11th, 2017. 150 sites. Reservations are recommended. Fee is $26 per night. RV and trailer length limit is 35 feet. There are also group sites with a camping fee of $3 per person per night.
- Longs Peak Campground – on Highway 7 about 9 miles south of Estes Park. 26 sites. Open from June 30th through September 14th, 2017. Fee is $26 per night when water is on. Tents only. First-come, first-served.
- Moraine Park Campground – south of Beaver Meadows Entrance Station about 2 ½ miles. 245 sites. Open all year. Reservations are accepted from late May through late September, otherwise it is first-come, first-served. Fee is $26 per night when water is on (during above reservations dates) and $14 per night when water is off. RV and trailer length limit is 40 feet. There are also group sites.
- Timber Creek Campground – about 8 miles east of Grand Lake Entrance Station on Highway 34. 98 sites. Open May 25th through October 10th, 2017. Fee is $26 per night when water is on. RV and trailer length limit is 30 feet. First-come, first-served.
This information was obtained from the National Park Service website and we try to provide the most up to date information about the hours and seasons within Rocky Mountain National Park, but please note that the above mentioned dates and hours can change without notice.